Monday, May 3, 2010

Elegant and Easy Doily


This was worked with #20 Thread Coats & Clarks Big Ball and #10 hook and measures 9¼ inches point to point. The pattern is from Coats & Clarks Book No. 285 "All Time Favorites" published in 1980.

I believe this pretty old pattern may be in the public domain, it was once featured in "Old Time Crochet". I haven't found the pattern on the web yet.
The 1980 patternbook called Red Heart Lustersheen, a size 5 hook and measured 19 inches across. I made the pattern once with a cotton and rayon yarn, and a size 2 hook. It measured about 23 inches across.

It works up quickly. If you want to make an elegant doily and time is short, this is a good choice. It's best worked firmly so the pattern is well delineated.

6 comments:

  1. I have this pattern if you would like a copy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the pattern, but it is still in copyright. If you have a public domain version of this pattern, I would be thrilled to share a link on my blog.
      This is one of the easiest patterns to make and it makes a lovely doily. It's a great starter pattern for anyone who wants to try making doilies, or it's a easy go to pattern for travel and quick projects.
      Thank you for your feedback Judy.

      Delete
    2. Yes I would love to have this pattern kdubolady@gmail.com
      Thank You

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. The booklet linked above is frequently available on eBay or Etsy. It is not expensive and includes other easy and attractive doilies and motifs. When I find the original pattern in the public domain I will post it.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete