Thursday, October 7, 2010

Queen Anne's Lace Doily in Progress

A friend of mine loves Queen Anne's Lace. She has a sentimental attachment from her childhood in Indiana.
So I am making a Queen Anne's Lace Doily for her birthday.  Here it is completed through round 13:


This is how it will look when complete:

Worked with size 30 thread and a #10 hook it is 17 inches in diameter.  I am using size 20 thread and a #9 hook, it will probably be about 20" when blocked.  (My friend likes bigger doilies.)
This is an extremely easy pattern and rather repetitious.  It only has a few stitches: chain, single and various  trebles.  It would be a great practice piece for someone who would like to try thread crochet and work with trebles.  It is definitely not challenging work!

 + + + UPDATE + + +
To those who enquired about the pattern, it is posted at momsloveofcrochet.com.
I am not using that website for my pattern, I'm working from a photo of the pattern in a vintage booklet.   I will search for this pattern in my collection and make a nice scan.  (For the purists.) :-)

6 comments:

  1. That's such a pretty doily with an elegant name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting. Queen Anne's Lace is a traditional pattern, easy to work and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very nice. Can't wait to see the finished product! New to your blog, nice to meet you.
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where can I find this pattern? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Your stitches are so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to all for your feedback. I have updated the post with a link to the pattern.

    ReplyDelete